The Black Belt Training provides participants with strong problem-solving skills, interpersonal skills, business skills and has a strong emphasis on Waste Elimination and Variation Reduction.
As part of the ten day Lean Six Sigma Black Belt course participants will complete a practical business improvement project.
This course is suitable for all employees who are currently certified at a Green Belt level or have significant business improvement experience and significant experience using a range of process improvement tools (Process Mapping, VSM, RCA, FMEA, etc.)
At the end of the programme, the learner will,
- Develop an overall understanding of the concepts, tools, and principles of Lean.
- Understand the Six Sigma philosophy, the DMAIC methodology and the tools and techniques used in Six Sigma.
- Identify the similarities, differences and practical applications of both Six Sigma and Lean approaches.
- Describe how Lean Six Sigma can be integrated into the company’s management systems.
- Identify some initial criteria and guidelines for selecting, reviewing and evaluating Lean Six Sigma projects.
This Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training course provides the fundamental understanding of how these programs can be applied to deliver an effective continuous improvement program to reduce waste and variation in the business.
- The elements of Business Success
- Customer Service
- Business Models
- The concept of Value & Value Adding
- Lean Principles
- Lean Waste
Process Mapping & Value Stream Mapping
- What is a Process?
- Developing Process Maps – Excel / Visio
- Value Stream Mapping
- Developing a Value Stream Map
- Waste identification in a Value Stream
- Improving layout us 5S
- Achieving improved handovers/changeovers using SMED
- Error proofing using Poke Yoke
- Generating Triggers/Flags and Status Updates using Kanban
- Level Loading
- Overview of Six Six Sigma – Strategy & Measure
- Define – Defining a Problem / Opportunity
- Measure – Understanding the current situation
- Analyse – Determining a Root Cause
- Improving – Developing a Solution
- Control – Sustaining the improvements
Project Identification and Implementation
Many organisations want to tie the training into a specific project. We can identify a project and support the implementation following the training.
This Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training course is supported with a very comprehensive training manual and selected text books to be used as a reference source after the course.
Lean Sigma certification is provided by LeanSigma.ie. Certification is based on the successful implementation of a simple process improvement in the workplace.
This course is delivered by Finbarr Sheehy.
Contact us today to determine the best value for you and your organisation.